Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just to break up the monotony....


A little while ago I thought, gee this blog is turning into an obituary for the US children's products market....thought I'd post something to, if nothing else, cheer myself up a bit! If you've looked at my Etsy site you probably know that I donate part of my sales to Demelza House Children's Hospice, the favored charity of British actor Daniel Radcliffe. Thought I'd post some pics and recent video of the awesome young man who, while being famous as "boy wizard" Harry Potter, has gone forth in his career and will in the future be known for much greater things (yes, I'm gushing a bit!) The pics here are from the original publicity campaign for the London run of the play Equus, I have the one on the top left as the desktop wallpaper on my computer. :-) My daughter and I went to see Equus on Broadway for her birthday in September, it was awesome! I wish we could go again, we had a great time, unfortunately we can't afford it. Equus runs at the Broadhurst Theater in NYC until February 8th, I believe. You can check out the website www.equusonbroadway.com for more info.

Here's some video of Dan on Inside the Actor's Studio:

http://www.danradcliffe.co.uk/index.php/news/23-videos-dan-radcliffe-on-inside-the-actors-studio

And on E!'s Daily 10 talking about Equus, Deathly Hallows, and Twilight (speaking of Twilight, I've seen a few interviews Robert Pattinson has done--is it just me or does he always look like he just got out of bed? Check out his hair sometime.....):

http://www.danradcliffe.co.uk/index.php/news/4-post-video-dan-radcliffe-talks-deathly-hallows-equus-a-twilight

5 comments:

Margaret Chayka said...

Harry's got on his invisible cloak here, but it seems to be malfunctioning!

Thanks for the relief, Ruth!

Siddhartha said...

Wonderful post. Thanks for those pics.

Leah said...

LOL, great idea to lighten the mood :)

Sayo said...

oh, I want to go see that! My friend's sister plays the role opposite him now that its in NYC. It was her first ever nude scene and its on the internet. (I'd be mortified!)

Ruth said...

Hey Sayo, that's cool! Anna Camp was really good as Jill, I'd be scared half to death to do a nude scene too (mostly because my nude body is not something anyone would want to see!)...IIRC she said in an interview not long ago that Dan really helped her not to be so freaked out about it. I wish we could've stayed to meet them afterward but there were so many people at the autograph line, there was no way we'd even have been able to see them.